Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian & Hilda Dedic Ian & Hilda Dedic is offline

Default Large bore heat shrink sleeving

On 20/09/2010 09:14, Nightjar "cpb"@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 20/09/2010 03:39, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 20 Sep, 00:16, Ian& Hilda wrote:

My question is is there something like heat shrink sleeving at 4 or 5 in
diameter which could be used to successfully join the two bits of
ducting

Yes, and you can even get it as a flat sheet with a ziploc connection,
rather than as a tube. 3M sell it as part of underground cable
jointing kits.

You can also buy flat sheet with an adhesive join, although I've only
used it on 2" water barrel, to stop a minor leak in an airline joint.

Unfortunately the price is "prohibitive". I imagine this will still be
the case for any heatshrink that diameter.

Certainly that is my recollection.

I would suggest the classic gaffer tape.

I would use self-amalgamating tape over the top of a single wrap of
gaffer tape.

Colin Bignell

ok thanks for that

best place for self amalgamating tape?