Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default My crappy new washing machine

On 9/19/2010 1:44 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
On Sep 19, 9:02 am,
wrote:
"Molly wrote in message

Another crappy product brought to you by the environmentalist idiots
who brought you the crappy CFL light bulbs

=====================

Are there any environmental issues with which you agree? If yes, name one or
more.

Yes,
1. Stop having more than two children per couple. Make it the law.
2. Don’t cut down trees. build houses out of concrete and steel.
3. Stop all hunting of animals unless they’re not a native to their
environment

1. Like in China, huh? That sure has worked out well for them. Sucks to
be conceived as female over there- your chances of being aborted or
'stillborn' go way up. Chinese government is already starting to panic-
way too many young underemployed men that can't get dates. Horny young
men with time on their hands scare the crap out of governments.
2. Give you partial credit on that one, but only due to how logging
industry abused the forests here in US. But enviro-damage wise, concrete
and steel probably are not any friendlier. Making cement powder takes a
lot of power, as does making steel beams and rolled materials. How about
'stop building McMansions, and build houses to last for more than 40
years, so we need to cut down fewer mature trees?'
3. 100 years or so too late for that one. In much of the US, deer and
other species run rampant, due to elimination of most of their natural
predators. (ask any cop or body shop 'in season' ) Of course, it doesn't
help that they artificially spike the population by planting feedlots of
grain in the state parks, but most farmers don't fence their fields
either. Last winter, I had wild turkeys head-butting their reflections
in my sliding doors. Snow gets deep enough in the woods and graveyard
behind my house, and I get deer up on my deck trying to play pinata with
the bird feeders. (I didn't know deer could climb steps....) The
raccoons, squirrels, possum, and other smaller 4-legged creatures hang
around my yard a lot- it probably tastes and smells better because I
don't use chemicals on it. I only mean to feed the birds, but animals
aren't fussy. And the local cats and raptors regard back yard bird
feeders as a buffet.

--
aem sends, from the real world....