Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default My crappy new washing machine

On Sep 19, 9:54*am, "The Henchman" wrote:
Are you using the proper laundry soap? *Serious question.

We have this machinehttp://www.washing-machine-wizard.com/ge-wcvh6800jww-kingsize-capacit...

It's fantastic. *16 gallons per full load. *It takes about 1 hour to do a
load but clothes come out almost dry and clean. *Dryer rarely has to work at
all.

But there is so much electronics that you have to use a non-suds soap like
"he" types. *Sudsy soaps screw up all the sensors.

Here is a quick read-up on HE soap:http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-he-detergent.htm

Costco, at least in Canada sells it the cheapest per load. *Our local
appliance store sells it to and their price is maybe 2 cents a load more.

This is a top loader, yes I agree front loaders dont need an agitator
and they do a great job.l Wish I had a front loader but they are also
50% more costly.