Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default My crappy new washing machine

On 9/19/2010 9:54 AM, The Henchman wrote:

Are you using the proper laundry soap? Serious question.

We have this machine
http://www.washing-machine-wizard.co...-40-cu-ft.html

It's fantastic. 16 gallons per full load. It takes about 1 hour to do a
load but clothes come out almost dry and clean. Dryer rarely has to work
at all.

But there is so much electronics that you have to use a non-suds soap
like "he" types. Sudsy soaps screw up all the sensors.

Here is a quick read-up on HE soap:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-he-detergent.htm

Costco, at least in Canada sells it the cheapest per load. Our local
appliance store sells it to and their price is maybe 2 cents a load more.

BS. we've been using the regular stuff in ours since day one. It works
just fine. HE soap is a scam.

--
Steve Barker