Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My crappy new washing machine

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:53:17 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sep 19, 2:21*am, Matt wrote:
On 09/18/2010 11:31 PM, RickH wrote:

We've owned a GE "Infusion" agitatorless "energy saving" washing
machine for about 2 months now. *I have not had fully clean clothes
for about 2 months. *These things are a piece of crap, they use about
a gallon of water so the clothes basically slosh around in a small mud
puddle, never getting fully clean. *Forget about getting out tough
stains, also clothes have an odor as they never fully rinse (not
enough water) the rinse cycle is another small mud puddle. *The washer
does not even fill enough to wet all the clothes until after 10
minutes of running. *They enclosed a large yellow warning in the
manual that this is "normal", bull****, they're just covering their
asses on complaints. *I called the GE consumer line and the guy told
me flat out nobody is happy with these washers.

I'm just warning others thinking of getting one of the GE agitatorless
washers. *Stick with the tried and true, get the agitator and one that
uses a lot of water if you want it to, get a Whirlpool with mechanical
controls. *Just trying to save someone else the headache and money.

Maybe if you live in a desert, but I'm in the Great Lakes, I dont need
to conserve water to this extent water's practically free here. *These
washers have set things back to beating clothes on a rock.

I should have read the reviews first, they are not good, I'm not the
only one having dirty clothes all the time.

Thank you.

Some of these words _may_ apply:

WPR815OK WPRE615OK CEE Tier II WPR815OK WHRE55OK PerfecTemp CEE Tier I
GE General Electric GE Profile™ Topload Washer Infusor RainShower SpeedWash
HydroWave with Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances...- Hide quoted text -

I didn;t even know these existed. I thought all top loaders used an
agitator and the only washers that did not were front-loaders. The
front-loaders work with far less water and energy, but they cost
significantly more. I guess this shows the risk when you buy
something that isn't tried and proven. Surprising GE would sell them
if they perform so poorly. Anyone else make them? Thanks for the
heads up

We've have a Whirlpool Cabrio agitatorless top-loader for a few years with no
problems, other than it has to be run empty, with bleach, periodically. We
bought it because the front-loaders had a miserable long-term reliability
record and were betting on this top-loader being a good trade-off. So far
we're happy with it.