Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default My crappy new washing machine

On 2010-09-19, Steve Barker wrote:

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know that any top loader
without an agitator is going to be worthless. And ONE gallon of water??
Are you serious? Our front loader uses 14 and i thought that was
skimping a bit.

This is not even new technology. There were agitatorless washers on
the mkt 60 yrs ago. I came by a used one back in the late 70s. I
ditched it after a few months, it never getting clothes clean.

It's unfortunate that GE has sunk so low. They used to make excellent
products. They made one of the best clock radios ever produced in the
late 50s. Mine lasted 20 yrs and I was still seeing like models in
2nd hand shops 10 yrs later. Likewise a toaster. My last washer was
a GE toploaders and would outclean any other washer on the mkt, top or
frontloader. If I ever buy another washer/dryer set, I'll look for a
used set like I had.

nb