Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default OT-911 Thoughts

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 03:01:56 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Just like Rich has done to his poor neurons with pot & vodka.

Yeah, well, I can still walk to the mailbox without whining about
it.

And, you might not like the way I think, but at least I think,
rather than parrot the party line like a broken tape recorder.

Thanks,
Rich

You only think you are thinking.

Like most people you are merely rearranging your prejudices.

Richard - the Other One

"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging
their prejudices." William James

Study fallacy so that you can learn how to spot it, so you can eliminate it from
your thinking.

Also, never be afraid to argue the same points in circles. They aren't really
circles, they are the slow hard work of learning.

Keep in mind also that one of the best ways to learn something well is to teach
it. When you stand back and look at it, over time, you'll see that its actually
a slowly upward winding spiral. One key aspect of this spiral is that as you go
round and round, when you come across parts that you may not know, that you
aren't sure of, etc... rather than pretend you know what you are talking about,
or ignore it, or use subterfuge and what not to hold on to your ego, instead go
look those pieces up.

In that is where the genius of discussion resides.