Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ

Charlie Self wrote:
Bill Ranck responds:

Another historical context: when I was living in Albany, NY, and later the same
year ('72) in Milton, WI, I could sequence dial by calling the operator, giving
her the list of numbers I needed, then each time I finished a call, she dialed
the next one for me. Great feature when you needed 10-15 calls in a row, and
jog dials don't replace it.

My mother was a telephone operator back in the 30's.
I remember when dear old Ma Bell introduced 3-way calling,
and she said that was no big deal, she could do that for
people on her switchboard back in the day, but it was against
the "rules" because the operator had to stay in the circuit
to make it work. Of course, the switchboard she worked probably
didn't support dial phones at all. But, I wasn't born then.

Course, that was back in the days before I took diuretics to keep the blood
pressure down.

Shhh! I've been avoiding my doctor so I don't have to
hear about my weight and blood pressure . . . ;-)

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.