Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem.electrochem.battery,sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default Opened laptop battery to replace lithium ion cells (Lenovo X61 tablet PC) -- Where do I get replacement battery cells?

In article
,
wrote:

--snippety--

I just rebuilt a Nicad battery pack for my 20+ year old Milwaukee
cordless driver drill. I found the batteries on Ebay for $21, so
decided it was worth a try. I was successful and it's working
great. But I do agree there are some real issues. In particular, I
was very lucky that I got it to fit back into the battery housing.
In the factory, the metal tab conductors are spot welded directly to
the batteries and go from one to the next. When you DIY, you have to
solder them

Google around and you can find references to building a simple
spot-welder for batteries -- check the RC model airplane folks.

Isaac