Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

On 9/16/2010 8:37 AM Ron spake thus:

On 16/09/2010 16:15, thanatoid wrote:

BTW, I have learned over the last 4 decades that it's ALWAYS the
cable (and if it's not, you **still** test any cables FIRST before
you do ANYTHING, including attempting to open an audio box [when
you should let your friends open your canned food for you] let
alone flooding an NG with clueless posts for a week), and /had/ you
posted like a person with a clue, I would have told you to try
another cable - I know you don't have one, BUY one!

In the world of professional audio, it`s hardly ever the cable!

Just wondering why you decided to inject the adjective "professional"
into this discussion. As the OP, are you suggesting that my application,
or the equipment associated with this amp, are "professional"? Because I
can assure you that we (the band that used to use this amp) are pretty
close to 100% amateurs (of course in the best original meaning of the word).

I'm not sure I would even classify this amp (Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140)
as a "professional" piece of equipment. Though it does appear to be very
well built: I guess you could drop it two or three stories and it still
might work.