Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

On 9/16/2010 6:57 AM Arny Krueger spake thus:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Sure enough, removing the nut from the phone jack allowed the
whole unit to slip rather easily out of the case

Sheesh. You "shoulda" known enough to do that, at least. Good
grief.

I feel stupid for not suggesting removing the nuts on the phone jacks. I've
seen this done sooooo many times.

Oh, so I guess that means I'm *not* a total retard, eh? Thanks for that.

I can't remember the last time I saw a phone jack that *wasn't* soldered to
a circuit card.

Me neither. Now that I've disassembled this it makes perfect sense, as
it allows the amp to be put together in a neat package with no external
wires except for the power cord.

With the 6 front-panel screws and the phone-jack nut removed, it's
actually *very* easy to disassemble. Not a hard nut to crack at all,
like so much other plastic-packaged electronics.