Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_3_] Sunworshipper[_3_] is offline

Default What's a "Guided Tower"

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:39:07 -0400, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

Cross-Slide wrote:

On Sep 15, 6:57 pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

jeff_wisnia wrote:

Tower, as in radio or cellphone antenna towers.

I enjoyed watching this video of a worker climbing a 1700+ foot tall
tower which was referred to as a "guided tower". It was sent to me by
our worker's comp insurer who stated that tower climbing was the most
dangerous job in America.

http://www.workerscompinsider.com/20...hink-your.html

Rats, the video already got pulled.

I always miss out on the good stuff.

Jon

Look he

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=94e_1284570385

Well, as of Thursday 1:30 PM Eeast Coast USA time its still up at:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f2d_1284588370

If gone from there just Google +"Stairway To Heaven" +tower and you'll
find lots of other locations.

Jeff

That's cool, thanks, I thought they where going to be successful on
taking it down. People need to get a grip, so what... If that is the
way it is done then so what ! If the insurance companies are so
worried about it just connect each worker to each other and one must
have a line attached at a time. Hmmm that won't work, it will get
caught way too many times and endanger them more.

Hey, I put up flood lights on the gable ends of my house yesterday
and at 15 feet I'm about ready to just freeze and clutch the ladder.
But, I can walk right up on the edge of a bond beam of a 18 foot deep
pool and lean over and drive in a concrete nail with no problem.

I thought crop dusting was the most dangerous or close up there. I've
stood in a crop duster going under power lines, that was cool, can
understand why they almost always duck when going under. I probably
would have ended up crop dusting or even worse if everything didn't go
to **** as usual. Would have paid better than pools.

SW