Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default City sues: Too many vegetables

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Sep 15, 4:28 pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:44:11 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

wrote:
Even the ones who clean up are often bad citizens. I've politely asked
them
to not allow their dog to stop on my property. Most ask "Why?"

Do you realize what an absurd question that is?

Just this past weekend, I was 5 minutes away from weeding in my flower
garden at the edge of the property near the street, when a dog criminal
allowed her pet to pee all over the flowers. I politely asked her to not
let
that happen in the future. She asked the stand stupid dog owner question:
"Why?" I explained that I didn't want to stick my hands into urine-soaked
plants. She said "Can't you wear gloves?" (That was stupid question #2.
It's
up to me whether I want to wear gloves.) Finally, I said "Look, I
understand that you enjoy playing in urine and you think I do too, but
you're wrong. Keep the kinky stuff at home where it belongs."

She left in a huff. She should've left in a black bag with a zipper up
the
front.

I'm not a turd scientist, but a lady would walk her small dog every
morning along my lawn turf. Given the turd size I asked her if she
was allowing her dog to mess in my yard. No, she said and asked me
why.

"Ma'am"! "I've put down dangerous chemicals and it might kill your
dog". No turds since...

Actually, parents shouldn't allow their human children to play on
lawns that have been treated with dangerous chemicals. When your
child or grandchild is invited to play on a friend or neighbor's lawn,
I hope you will have the kid's welfare in mind, and politely state
your case. Often the other homeowner did not know of the danger, and
was glad to be alerted, so she can change her gardening practice.

Don't be so sure the neighbor will be glad to hear what you're telling them.
I had a neighbor who asked "How can they sell it if it's not safe?" My
current neighbor thinks the stuff is safe unless you're allergic to the
chemicals. Based on that logic, a bullet in the back of your head is safe
unless you're allergic to it.

Half of humanity reads nothing and is terminally, exquisitely stupid.