Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:01:46 -0400, Bill
wrote:

On 9/16/2010 10:16 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
So, did you end up putting in crown moulding?

I may be trying to pretty up some crown molding in the living room in
the future. Stay tuned.

Pulling out and retaping about 40 feet of tape slowed my progress a

Did you already say "Oops!" Ouch, that hurts.

I try to save that for the occasional hammer blow to my index finger.
Instead I say "man, that's pretty heavy" as I load and unload another 5
gallon bucket of all-purpose from the trunk of my car! I should probably
graduate to the powdered stuff.

I also picked up a 6' 500w/1000w tripod work light currently on sale for
$25 at Menards. I'll try it out tonight.

Too bad. I would have suggested a multiple fluor worklight instead.
None of the heat, danger, or massive electrical costs associated with
the halogen crap. Daylight fluor CFLs are $2 each and use 13w each.
They're the equivalent of a 100w incandescent bulb. You can buy up to
70w CFLs, too.

Something like this. I got an umbrella style for $24 a few years back,
but either works well. http://fwd4.me/ePe

little but I still try to get something done after work everyday. I feel
like I'm racing to beat the fall "cool-down".

I'm in that race, too. I removed my back porch cover which slanted
down to the roof. I decided to undo some idiot's choice and replace it
with metal roofing. But now I have to get it done before the fall
rainy season, which is already starting this week. Luckily, it's only
12 wide by 8' long, so it'll only take a day to rebuild.

Sounds like a pretty involved project. Good luck with it!

Nah, just your basic lean-to roofing structure. The uprights are
already in the concrete patio so I'm just putting the wing on top.
Thanks for the good wishes, though.

--
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country
against his government." --Edward Abbey