Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12065 Ignoramus12065 is offline

Default Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

On 2010-09-16, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:08:41 -0500, Ignoramus5013

On 2010-09-14, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:02:38 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 18:57:07 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:51:16 -0500, Ignoramus20659
wrote:

And here's how the building looks on a nice September day.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dolton/

Someone suggested for you to make thumbnails since the pics were so
large. After trying to view the first one, I'll concur. It's aking so
long to DL the pic I wouldn't want to try to view all of them. It
would take an hour...on DSL, no less.

I really wish Iggy would either post them to Picasa..or put in a "next
photo" button on the viewing page. Hitting Back every time gets
tiresome.

Can't you right click on the link and chose either 'Open in new
window' or 'Open in new tab'?

Indeed I could, over and over and over again.

Shrug
Iggy is VERY good with computers. A simple "next" button would be a snap
for him.

He could also use this simple HTML code to open each in a new window:

a href="photoXXXX.jpg" target="window2"img SRC="photoXXXX.jpg"/a

And that is what I am already doing. It is all based on simple html
and opens in a separate window.

Yes, you're doing something like that but you're not using a smaller
pic to reference to the larger one in the link. You used the original
LARGE pic and told the browser to scale the -view- down, leaving the
entire image to be downloaded and translated, taking more time.

He's making the mistake of using the 'Constrain' function. I've
tried in vain to convince people not to, to the point that I don't
bother with websites like that, or businesses that stupid.

It is much worse if I do not constrain. Huge images do not display
well. If you want to see the whole image, just click on it. Then the
browser will scale it, and it is already in the cache, so it is fast.

A href="http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dolton/Dolton-0001.jpg" IMG
SRC="http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dolton/Dolton-0001.jpg"
HEIGHT=80%/a which is a 3,872x2592 pixel 4.7MB pic. Egad, no
wonder they were taking so long.

Let's say that Athumb.jpg is an 800x600 pic, 67k in size and A.jpg is
the bigass 4.7mb original. Use this code to display the decent sized
picture with no translation and a reasonable download time. Click on
the pic to get the bigass graphic to download.

a href="A.jpg" target="window"img SRC="Athumb.jpg"/a

Personally, I keep file names in lower case to make sure It doesn't
end up like some websites I've had to clean up. Someone adds a new page
or item, and edits a handful of pages. Sometimes they miss a page or
50. Some are in lower case, some are in upper and some are mixed. If
you are using windows based computers and servers it doesn't matter.
Other servers are case sensitive, giving 404 errors. One website had
hundreds of these mistakes. One way to eliminate that problem is to
build the new code, then replace an entire block of code if you maintain
a site by hand.

Also, I prefer using '-t' for thumbnails to keep the file names
shorter and easier to read in columns when making sure everything is
ready to upload.

a href="a.jpg" target="window"img src="a-t.jpg"/a

This is for those who aren't familiar with writing HTML code.