Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Tried air mister yesterday, was kind of shocked

Wes wrote in
:

Ignoramus5013 wrote:

Trust me, the stuff inside gets out. If only I could talk them into
a Torit external system instead of crapy Filtermists.

So, it sounds like you also do not like this mist stuff?

That is correct. Milling aluminum, I'll direct an air blast at the
cutting zone and deal with the mess. The rest, I do dry since I run
manual open machines. I also have a bunch of hard wood stored in my
gara^H^H^H^Hshop.

Harold pretty much nailed the bad points.

I have a Micro-Drop rig that is waiting for a decent compressor. Does
anyone have any experience (good or bad) with one of these? I picked it
up cheap years ago after hearing similar complaints about the mess of
mist systems. I think the Micro-Drop is supposed to sort of spit at
things in small enough droplets to avoid a big mess, but big enough that
they don't end up drifting all over the shop & into your lungs.

Doug White