Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default What's a "Guided Tower"

On Sep 15, 11:45*am, jeff_wisnia
wrote:
Tower, as in radio or cellphone antenna towers.

I enjoyed watching this video of a worker climbing a 1700+ foot tall
tower which was referred to as a "guided tower". It was sent to me by
our worker's comp insurer who stated that tower climbing was the most
dangerous job in America.

http://www.workerscompinsider.com/20...hink-your.html

I hadn't theard that term "guided tower" before and was not successful
in finding a definition through search engines or on Wiki.

Maybe it just means a tower with guy wires, but I'd expect that to be
called a "guyed tower". So, maybe it means free standing without guy wires?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Based on workmans comp rates, hard-hat divers was and always will be
the most dangerous. Particularly in the bridge construction business.

Paul