Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5013 Ignoramus5013 is offline

Default Warehouse in a black town? Buerste?

Paul, I think that I will submit a bid. I obtained a cashiers check
for a 10% deposit that would accompany the bid. I have not actually
submitted it though.

On 2010-09-13, wrote:
On Sep 13, 1:51?pm, Ignoramus20659 ignoramus20...@NOSPAM.
20659.invalid wrote:
And here's how the building looks on a nice September day.

? ?
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dolton/

Nice looking building. Well maintained. I see the floor is pained or
epoxy coated concrete. Easy maintenance. Also the roof construction is
too light for a wet fire sprinkler system ( one always filled and
ready to go). However, the roof is sheet metal with probably sprayed-
on coating. should last for ever. Does the office area have the same
roof construction? When you get serious, have the listing agent bring
a ladder and go with you to check the roof and water scuppers on both
the main building and the office area.

From the outside, there appears to be a later addition to the back
end. Wonder about that.

Another avenue of investigation is to check the building permit
history for the property. Either city or county will have that info.
They can also clue you into the cost of permits for modifying/
upgrading the building for your purposes, like the partitioning. The
permitting cost may be significant, but you may be able to talk them
into reducing the cost when you actually get to changing things.

I see a similar building in the background. you might get friendly
with the owner/land lord of that building and pick their brain for
answer to some of your questions about the neighborhood.

Such fun. Kind of like looking for a wife!

Paul