Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default City sues: Too many vegetables

On Sep 14, 3:55*pm, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:
On Sep 13, 11:04*am, harry wrote:

On Sep 13, 3:26*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

"[DEKALB COUNTY, Ga.] DeKalb County is suing a local farmer for growing too
many vegetables, but he said he will fight the charges in the ongoing battle
neighbors call 'Cabbagegate.' "

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/24979774/detail.html

Homeowner has two acres and has been growing vegetables for 15 years to give
away and sell at the local farmer's market.

The city is correct in cracking down: vegetables are not food - vegetables
are what food eats.

Only *America, land of the free. *I can grow as mny cabbages as I
like, keep pigs and goats or anything else.

There are many places in America where one can do all those things,
and more. *The fellow in the news article ran afoul of local zoning
laws. *I didn't read the entire article on that extremely annoying
website, but I'd venture to guess that it looked like he was operating
a farm in an area zoned residential.

Some places in the U.S have zoning; others do not. *I'd be surprised
if the UK doesn't have similar laws.

Cindy Hamilton- Hide quoted text -

We do. But you can grow cabbages anywhere. It's a tradition dating
from WWx when people had to or starve. You can even keep animals so
long as any noises and smells don't upset the nieghbours.