Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Back-up sump pump battery

Kurt Ullman wrote:

I have a four year old battery for the back-up sump pump. Instructions
say to change it every three years (yeah I noticed I was behind),
however, the lights on the pump itself indicate that the battery is
still in good shape. So, should I trust the lights or just replace the
battery?

To quote Clint-
"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' "

Obviously it isn't someplace you trip over it every day-- not is it
the top priority in your life- or you would have asked the question
last year.

Murphy's law says that the day after you install wall to wall in the
basement the batteries will die. . . and the next day it will rain 6"
& your power will go out.

Chances are the battery you want is cheaper now than it was when you
bought the backup 4 years ago. You thought it was necessary &
worthwhile then. What changed?

Jim