Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis jloomis is offline

Default My first attempt at bowl turning (0/1)

I do like the segemnted bowl.
They are very nice for being first time also.
I have turned lots of table legs and different building parts but no bowls
yet.
john
"Ray" wrote in message
I recently bought the Harbor Freight lathe. These are my first
attempts at bowl turning. The first two were turned from blanks that
were made by cutting angled rings on a scroll saw. The last one was
made from a blank cut from segments on a miter saw. The first bowl is
spalted maple. The other two are big leaf maple. By building the
bowl in layers it is easier for me to finish the inside bottom.