Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default My first attempt at bowl turning (0/1)

I recently bought the Harbor Freight lathe. These are my first
attempts at bowl turning. The first two were turned from blanks that
were made by cutting angled rings on a scroll saw. The last one was
made from a blank cut from segments on a miter saw. The first bowl is
spalted maple. The other two are big leaf maple. By building the
bowl in layers it is easier for me to finish the inside bottom.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ray wrote:
I recently bought the Harbor Freight lathe. These are my first
attempts at bowl turning. The first two were turned from blanks that
were made by cutting angled rings on a scroll saw. The last one was
made from a blank cut from segments on a miter saw. The first bowl is
spalted maple. The other two are big leaf maple. By building the
bowl in layers it is easier for me to finish the inside bottom.

My first attempts were also made on a HF tube lathe using HF tools.
Not nearly as nice as yours look.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Feudalism: When its your Count that votes!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I do like the segemnted bowl.
They are very nice for being first time also.
I have turned lots of table legs and different building parts but no bowls
yet.
john
"Ray" wrote in message
I recently bought the Harbor Freight lathe. These are my first
attempts at bowl turning. The first two were turned from blanks that
were made by cutting angled rings on a scroll saw. The last one was
made from a blank cut from segments on a miter saw. The first bowl is
spalted maple. The other two are big leaf maple. By building the
bowl in layers it is easier for me to finish the inside bottom.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Ray" wrote in message
I recently bought the Harbor Freight lathe. These are my first
attempts at bowl turning. The first two were turned from blanks that
were made by cutting angled rings on a scroll saw. The last one was
made from a blank cut from segments on a miter saw. The first bowl is
spalted maple. The other two are big leaf maple. By building the
bowl in layers it is easier for me to finish the inside bottom.

Jeez, Ray you should keep practicing, with a little more expertise you
should be able to actually make a living turning bowls. Very nice!