Dave Mundt

Default Delta mobile base?

Greetings and Salutations.

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:14:30 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

I agree. The first ones I built I used poplar. I switched to maple and
it makes for less flexing with heavy equipment of around 200+ lbs. For
something light like a miter saw or 13" planer, poplar is MORE than
adequate.

dave

Well, I have a couple I picked up at HF, on a manager's sale,
for $10 each. I used 1.5" square steel tubing, and frankly,
don't think it would bend if I parked a car on it. As I was too
much of a slug to drill the 22 holes needed to mount all the parts,
I ended up welding mine together...which worked great.
This is one place where I REALLY like metal over
wood...
Regards
Dave Mundt