Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus478 Ignoramus478 is offline

Default Iggy, Unbuntu and network card?

On 2010-09-13, Jon Anderson wrote:
Quick question, do you have your EMC computer networked,

Yes.

and if so, via wire or wireless?

Via wire. I wired my whole house with Ethernet some time ago. I use
wireless only for laptops.

What card are you using? I looked up the Linksys card in mine and
it's not well supported.

What is your card?

Looking for compatible cards, I see a whole host of issues,
including lack of WEP support in some. I therefore assume there's
other cards that will also have issues with security. I could run a
cable, I think I have one long enough. But will have to research and
see if the 3Com cards I have are compatible...

I can probably find a card that should work great out of the box (most
PCi cards should, anyway). I have not yet looked into your particular
card.