Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Garden Vinegar vs Roundup

Frank wrote in news:i6ie5u$okp$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

The vinegar in your kitchen is about 5% acetic acid and this is 20% but
is misnamed as 20% vinegar which would make it diluted to 1%.

http://www.gardenguides.com/102345-v...d-control.html

I'd be concerned about getting vinegar on cement as it may corrode it.

Muriatic acid is generally used at 31 or so % for etching concrete prior to
other treatments. Therefore 20% acetic acid may not be too bad.
Saturating the soil with 20% HAc will of course just about destroy anything
close by. Note that acetic acid is one a relatively few chemicals that
will attack/discolor stainless steel.

In areas like sidewalks or driveways 20% HAc might be OK. After a few
hours, I would rinse it well, though, and perhaps add some lime to sort of
neutralize the acid.

--
Best regards
Han