Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Machine part site

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 00:28:54 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:

There are two pics of the mount I'd like to find at the bottom of the
page...
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~capri26/motor.htm

But it seems like nobody makes that simple mount any more (not even China).

I think it would be pretty simple for a real metal smith to make.
Heavy stainless steel sheet, cut, bent, welded.

Your thought is correct. That would indeed be an easy peasy job if
all the details were known.

If anybody knows where to find one, I'll email your favorite libation
for a link!

Or, if anybody would be interested in making one, I'd pay gladly for it!

Since you don't have a dimensioned and detailed drawing and
specification that a metalworker could "build to print", you'll need
a local artisan who can look at the job, discuss it with you until all
of your wants and preferences are defined and understood, and then
design and make what you want.

Perhaps you'd prefer a metalworker that has some experience with
handling a rolling, pitching sailboat in 30+ knot winds in pitch dark
with green water washing over the decks while trying to do something
else. That might narrow the field a bit.