Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. D. Slocomb J. D. Slocomb is offline

Default OT-911 Thoughts

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 18:21:04 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

After smoking, at least 50'; w/ lit cig, over 1/4 mile. And that's
just me in the big city.

LRPs could smell 'em for 10 times that distance after being out in the
jungle for awhile, so I'm told.

It might be total bs but books I read indicated that those that did long range recon ate
what the enemy ate so the enemy wouldn't smell them. I've never noticed food smells on
people so I'm a bit skeptical. Maybe they wanted compatable farts

Wes

I don't know about the regular Army or Marine patrols but I do know
that Special Forces were supplied with normal US Army rations during
their long range penetrations of Cambodia.

Cheers,

John D. Slocomb
(jdslocombatgmail)