Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default OT-911 Thoughts

" wrote:

"Sometimes, a care package is perfect. Once -- I won't say where -- I
watched a tentmate open up a box that contained a bottle of Skyy vodka, and
the look on his face rivaled the boy's in A Christmas Story when he is
finally united with his Red Ryder Carbine-Action Range Model Air Rifle. Of
course, that came from a friend, not an anonymous patriot, but other, more
licit luxuries can be just as welcome."

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...9/the-bizarre-...

Supporting our troops is the best way to defeat the radical jihadist.

Best Regards
Tom.

Thanks for the reminder, Tom. We send packages to specific individuals
through our church. One was always sent to our nephew.

Our older son was in the Army for 11 years and volunteered for the the
first Gulf War. He has a picture of what happens to those packages
sent to any troop. The picture was of a high chain link fenced area an
acre or more in size filled with boxes. They just tossed the boxes
over the fence into the area. Folks back home never knew. So, if you
send boxes to the troops, be specific!!!!!

That sucks.

As to the alky content of the thread. Sending a bottle of booze isn't going to go over
well afikt. It is a Muslim country so we are honoring there prohibition on booze. I'll
have to ask a recent hire that served in both Iraq and Afghanistan if that is real policy
in actuality.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller