Robert Bonomi

Default zero-clearance insert for old Delta TS

In article ,
Anonymoose Ihatespam wrote:
I've never used a zero-clearance insert before. I see one at amazon that
supposedly fits Delta's but it is described as 1/2" thick and the insert
that's on my TS is no way 1/2" thick - it's about 1/4" steel.

Look *carefully* at your existing insert. it's thin metal across the expanse
of the top of the insert. With a _deeper_ 'edge' down to where it sits on
the supports in the table. _That_ depth is considered the overall depth of
the insert.

Zero-clearance inserts are typically solid stock, so they are listed by that
'deeper' thickness across almost the entire insert. They _may_ have a
hollowed-out section on the bottom side, in the area where the blade will cut
through.

what model # I have, I don't see "Model: nnn" anywhere on it, but the Cat #
is 34-670 - I suppose that that could be the model #.

Yawp. that's the appropriate id. identifies it as the "budget" Delta saw.

Anyone make an
insert for one such as mine, or know where I can buy one?