Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1469 Ignoramus1469 is offline

Default Do people use coolant with high speed spindle attachments?

On 2010-09-11, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:56:17 -0500, Ignoramus13544
wrote:

Still kind of chicken about running a high speed spindle (a Bosch
router) without coolant. So my question is, do people use coolant at,
say, 10k RPM? 20k? I would say the OD of the spindle nut is 1 inch.

Air only. Maybe a mist..but definately Air only

I bet. At 10,000 rpm, it will be hard to keep the tool wet, even if flooded.

I actually fixed up my air mister. And I have a question, actually two

1) How bad is vegetable air mist oil for lungs
2) Just how much mess will it make with chips flying all over the
place?