Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_2_] Gerry[_2_] is offline

Default OT-911 Thoughts

On Sep 11, 6:42*am, Andrew VK3BFA wrote:
On Sep 11, 8:10*pm, "azotic" wrote:

"Sometimes, a care package is perfect.
Best Regards
Tom.

Thanks Tom for the care package suggestion - we Australians have
troops in Afghanistan, and irrespective of the politics they deserve
honour and respect for doing their duty for their country under
difficult and dangerous conditions. I have emailed Defense here in Oz
to see if I can send such a package.

BTW - looked up the tobacco reference - why chewing tobacco, not heard
of anyone here using it. Is there some (military) reason why this is
preferable to cigarettes? The irony is, of course, that smoking is bad
for your health, but I guess the front line guys have more pressing
things to worry about.........

Andrew VK3BFA.

Quite likely because no fire is used in it's use. This is the reason
it is acceptable to use in most areas of chem plants as well where
smoking is not. That red dot from a lit cig may be a perfect target
for a sniper and/or give away your location