Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default IGGY - Pocket Drilling

On 09/09/2010 01:59 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

Perhaps your router can only handle these feedrates, I generally run
about 10 IPM
with only 2800 RPM. For the panels, I use a routine that "trepans" the
hole, cutting just
inside the final dimension, the slug drops out and then it makes the
finish pass. I generally
plunge about .050" each step down with the 1/8" end mill, so I do a
1/8" panel all the
way through in 3 passes.

How big is your motor?

Its late and the math doesn't make sense. I'll plug it into g-wizard
tomorrow.

I'm not the guy with the Youtube video. I do this on a Bridgeport with
1J head, so top speed without over-speeding the motor is 2800 RPM. It
is a 1 Hp motor. Obviously, you can't draw 1 HP on a 1/8" end mill at
2800 RPM.

Jon