Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_3_] Rick Hughes[_3_] is offline

Default If anyone forgets the corkscrew.....

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Pete Zahut" saying
something like:

would this work http://www.wimp.com/wineshoe

It's a video of someone removing a cork from a wine bottle using a shoe.
The
cork comes out of the bottle but I don't see how

Pressure wave.

used to be a bar trick, where you would bet you could burst the bottom out
of a beer bottle by hitting only the top.

You drank some of the beer ... (at least 3/4 full) held bottle firmly, and
give the open neck a hit with the heel of your palm ... as hard and fast as
you can.

The speed of blow caused a compressed air 'wave' to move into bottle, hits
beer, which can't compress, and in turn send force by hydraulic through the
bottle forcing bottom out of the bottle.

The important part is the strike must be very hard and very fast the first
time ..... otherwise, it just hurts, followed by repeated attempts as they
get embarrassed each one only succeeding in developing a monster of a bruise
to hand & ego.