Posted to sci.electronics.repair
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Battery charger part

Can somebody tell me what this part is?
It's a plate with 2 contacts. 2 12vac outputs from the transformer are
connected to the contacts. The output is the positive charging lead.
The other output of the transformer goes through what looks like a 12v
12a diode though I'm not sure if it is a diode. Then goes through the
meter to the negative charging lead.
It's an old charger, puts out 13.5vdc on the charger, tapers down to
zero when the battery is charged. Tough charger, dropped it a couple
times on the concrete floor. Unknown maker.

http://tinypic.com/m/bimp1g/2 Diode
http://tinypic.com/m/bimp6p/2 Plate
http://tinypic.com/m/bimp83/2 Transformer
http://tinypic.com/m/bimp9h/2 Plate contact
http://tinypic.com/m/bimpah/2 Meter connection
http://tinypic.com/m/bimpeb/2 Charger

--
LSMFT

I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!