Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus4779 Ignoramus4779 is offline

Default Anyone needs a military M105A2 trailer

On 2010-09-10, Ignoramus13544 wrote:
I won a great condition M105A2 trailer (judged by pictures, sight
unseen but the wheels look inflated and it looked good). I bought it,
because it was cheap to me (really, I bought by accident) and has nice
stake sides and top, which is what I want. I bid only for the sides
and top.

I was able to rescue the pictures from the govliquidation
website. Here they are.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/M105A2/

As you can see, it is in great condition.

The specs on it is 1.5 ton load, while driving under enemy fire in the
jungles of Viet Nam.

As it is, it is too tall to be used with a pickup truck (good for a
full size truck). You either need to make a tow bar adapter, or to get
a new drop axle. I would recommend the latter, as that would also let
you use regular electric brake that you can buy with the drop axle.
The cost of that sort of axle is $200 from Dexter.

Again, stakes are not included in what I am selling -- I want the
stakes.