Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default And now, the rest of the story

On Sep 9, 12:57*pm, steamer wrote:
* * * * --It's not millions; it's billions. The problem is global and
toppling the current administration is not the fix. The problem is buying
crap from the Harbor Freight-type stores that was made by people earning
ten cents a day in China or some other cheap-labor country. We've got to
knuckle down and buy American or British or French; it may hurt the wallet
a little at first but you'll be glad you did so down the road when the things
you bought haven't fallen apart. Quality has a quality all its own, so to
speak..

--
* * * * "Steamboat Ed" Haas * * * * : *Beauty times brains *
* * * * Hacking the Trailing Edge! *: *is a constant..

I agree about buying cheap crap ( unless it is for a one time use ),
but the solution is not to blindly buy American, British, or French.
The Japanese used to sell crap, but have moved up to selling quality.
They embraced Deming and now produce top notch stuff. Look at Nikon,
Cannon, etc.

The South Koreans have also improved. Look at the Korean cars or the
stuff Samsung makes.

Dan
The solution is to raise the rest of the world up.