Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Into the "WAY BACK MACHINE"

Doug White wrote in
:

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in
:

Check Ohio travel bag.
They may have the hardware.
http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/
Unfortunately their online catalog is some annoying "Flash" software.
but if you rummage around long enough, you just might get what you
need.

OTB has a lot of really useful hardware. If you could meet a minimum
order, they used to sell to individuals. The last time I checked, you
had to have a business account to buy from them. I built a number of
cases using their hinges, handles, feet & latches. Much better stuff
than you could get from any other hardware source I've ever found.

Now, if you are an individual, you have to purchase through someone
with an account. Any luggage repair shop should do, I just haven't
bothered to hunt one down. Because of the minimum order requirement,
I bought a LOT of extras when I found something I liked. They have a
form you can fill out & they will send you a list of local vendors.

I've got a Zero Halliburton aluminum camera case I've used as a pistol
box for about 35 years, and the latches are getting tired. I filled
out the form, and I'll see if I can find someone easy to deal with who
handles their stuff locally. I'm sure I can get new latches from
Zero, but this is a good excuse to find a way to get other OTB
products, and probably cheaper than Zero will sell them.

I got an email back from Ohio Travel Bag, and they now have an online
outlet that carries most of their general hardware. It doesn't
necesarily show brand specific repair parts (like the Zero Halliburton
latches I need), but they do show all of the case hardware I've used in
the past.

http://www.hardwareelf.com/index.html

Doug White