Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If anyone forgets the corkscrew.....

On 09/09/2010 23:29, Ronald Raygun wrote:
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying
something like:

A true Alkie would have just taken a hammer to the neck

Or a sabre.

I always find a handy spoon handle or screwdriver to push the cork in.

If you have a screwdriver, you might have a spare screw somewhere. Drive
the screw into the cork, then use pliers or a claw hammer to pull the cork
out by the screw.

Others have also suggested that - but I reckon it would need to be a
coarse screw with pretty deep threads if it is to remove the cork rather
than just pull out, leaving the cork in place.
--
Cheers,
Roger