Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default IGGY - Pocket Drilling

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:28:09 -0800, Jon Anderson wrote:

On 9/8/2010 4:52 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

You have an AHHA control? I used it for years. Great control for its
time.

Yeah, it's been a mostly dead reliable system. But it's getting hard to
find cheap computers without any AGP slots and finding video cards that
don't cause problems.

From what little I've read Mach has come a long way. This would be a
quick simple upgrade.

I'm sorta pondering building a dual boot system and trying both Mach3
and EMC. But it takes time to get used to any new system, and both will
require modifying all my programs (probably close to a hundred), just
not sure I really have the time to invest in that comparison. I am quite
sure I'd be happy with either, just have to make the call... G

Jon

Say, i went looking for how I built the Mach to AHHA converter cable. I couldn't find it. But I did find when I chopped
that cable up to try Galil. So, the notes below have columns that explain all the AHHA function. I had used a 37 pin
rainbow color ribbon connector from digikey.

This should be worth what you paid for it.

WIRING CONNECTIONS:

DB37 connector from 1900 to Ahha step driver
(brown tape on first 10 wires, red tape around 2nd 10, Orange around 3rd 10, Yellow around last seven)

Wire color db37pin 1900 pin Function Ready to run Logic state Output on
(GRN=LOW RED=HI) limitswitch On
brn - brn 1 17 Grnd
brn - red 20 34 PWMX
brn - org 2 33 SIGNX
brn - yel 21 31 PWMY
brn - grn 3 30 SIGNY
brn - blu 22 28 PWMZ
brn - vlt 4 27 SIGNX
brn - gry 23 25 PWMW
brn - wht 5 24 SIGNW
brn - blk 24 74 GRND _ OUTS GRN

red - brn 6 66 OUT1 Auxout1 - Drive enable on RC500 GRN RED
E stop on pendant powers out1 drive enable pin 6 GRN RED
red - red 25 67 OUT2 Auxout2 - Mister GRN RED
red - org 7 68 OUT3 Auxout3 - Spindle CW GRN RED
red - yel 26 69 OUT4 Auxout4 - Spindle CCW GRN RED
red - grn 8 70 OUT5 Auxout5 - not used now GRN RED
red - blu 27 reserved by Ahha - don't connect GRN
red - vlt 9 reserved by Ahha - don't connect GRN
red - gry 28 reserved by Ahha - don't connect GRN

red - wht 10 55 GRND limit switch ground GRN
red - blk 29 52 RLSX Axis 1 minus limit switch GRN RED
org - brn 11 53 FLSX Axis 1 plus limit switch GRN RED
org - red 30 49 RLSY Axis 2 minus limit switch GRN RED
org - org 12 50 FLSY Axis 2 plus limit switch GRN RED
org - yel 31 46 RLSZ Axis 3 minus limit switch GRN RED
org - grn 13 47 FLSZ Axis 3 plus limit switch GRN RED
Relays in cablinet all NC to pin 10 LS GRND

org - blu 32 not connected Axis 4 minus limit switch RED
org - vlt 14 not connected Axis 4 plus limit switch RED
org - gry 33 55 GRND Grnd for Auxins GRN
org - wht 15 65 ABORT Auxin1 - ALLWAYS E-STOP GRN
*need to change state above Galil says abort input active
org - blk 34 not connected Auxin2 RED

yel - brn 16 not connected Auxin3 RED
yel - red 35 not connected Auxin4 RED
yel - org 17 reserved by Ahha - don't connect RED
yel - yel 36 reserved by Ahha - don't connect RED
yel - grn 18 reserved by Ahha - don't connect RED
yel - blu 37 not connected AUxin8 Nothing
yel - vlt 19 56 INCOM +5 volt DC output Nothing