Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default IGGY - Pocket Drilling

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 17:08:33 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 9/8/2010 11:58 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure there are a million reasons why this is a bad idea, but
for a ton of applications it works great.

Actually, this is done a lot now, just peruse some videos on Youtube.
I'd do it myself quite often, but one of the flaws in Ahha is that
thread milling (the only option for this sort of approach) does not work
well. When I have to threadmill, I drop back to an earlier version that
sorta works...

Just one of the reasons I'm seriously looking to switch to either EMC or
Mach3 in the near future...

Jon

You have an AHHA control? I used it for years. Great control for its
time.

I made a Mach parallel port to RC500 AHHA control box cable and was
able to switch from Mach to AHHA with just a cable switch. At the time
Mach (1) was not as good as AHHA. I tried again when Mach2 came out
but very shortly later I upgraded to servos and a closed loop control.

From what little I've read Mach has come a long way. This would be a
quick simple upgrade.

Karl