Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Bill wrote:

On the other hand, having completed my second layer with All-Purpose
joint compound, I notice I've got almost 20 feet of tape (not near the
ceiling) which is largely joint-starved. In some cases, I think that
may partly be the result of taping across too wide a gap.

What do you mean by joint-starved Bill? Do you mean that you've sanded down
to the tape and it's starting to show? If so - don't remove it. Feather
new compound in to cover it over. You don't need any minimum amount of
compound - just enough to hide the tape.

I guess I'll get out some 120 grit (heaviest I have on hand) and sand
'er down and retape. That's what you do if this happens, right
(Yes, that's a real question)? Better to back up and get it right,
then forge ahead and have the tape fall off after its painted...

Can't answer for sure, because I don't understand what you mean when you say
joint starved.

--

-Mike-