Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Soda Blasting?

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:48:23 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

For my crawl space mold problem I've heard the professional cleanup method
is soda blasting. The worst areas are getting new wood but I'm planning
clean up areas that don't need the wood replaced.

Do I need to get a "Soda Blaster" or can I just get a Harbor Freight
pressurized abrasive blaster and fill it with baking soda? Just wondering
how much difference there is between an "Abrasive Blaster" and a "Soda
Blaster"?

RogerN

You will find that baking soda is far far too fine.

Gunner

They sell different grades for blasting, they claim it will remove paint or
powder coat but not rust. Soda blasting is also recommended for mold
removal from wood and cleaning up fire and smoke damaged wood. Soda
blasting is supposed to have started with the work on the Statue of Liberty.

RogerN