Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Earlier in this thread, I described how much drywall work I left for
myself 3" away from the ceiling. 25 pounds of Durabond and 18 pounds of
EasySand later, that part looks pretty darn good now. I learned to wear
gloves when I work with EasySand, and to act faster too.

On the other hand, having completed my second layer with All-Purpose
joint compound, I notice I've got almost 20 feet of tape (not near the
ceiling) which is largely joint-starved. In some cases, I think that
may partly be the result of taping across too wide a gap.

I guess I'll get out some 120 grit (heaviest I have on hand) and sand
'er down and retape. That's what you do if this happens, right
(Yes, that's a real question)? Better to back up and get it right,
then forge ahead and have the tape fall off after its painted...

I just wanted you supportive folks to know I'm still working at it.

Bill