Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Wagon

On 9/6/2010 10:24 PM, Sonny wrote:
I like it. Neat project and good job.

I'd like to see details of the front axle pivot mechanism. I built a
cart, about 4' wide X 8' long, with a wooden pivot mechanism for a
single front wheel, with a (pull) handle like a child's wagon (toy).
Turned out pretty good, but the cart wasn't for weighted loads... it
was for potted plants to be rolled into the garage. Made it about 10
yrs ago and still in use. All cypress.

I'm not sure how a pivot might be made for an axle.

Real simple. 7/8 inch hole 2-1/2 inches deep in both pieces, and a 5
inch length of 1/2 inch gas pipe.

Always thought
I'd may make another cart, some day, but with a front axle as you
have, there.

Sonny