Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Electricians have heavy duty sticks that plug into a socket and
it draws high current and vibrates in the hand. It gives a wag for certain.

It might be enough. An electric toaster or toaster oven would draw it -
using the elements as loads.

Most of us have tools at hand, it is a matter of application.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/6/2010 3:59 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 9/6/2010 3:43 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Steve wrote in
:

On 9/5/2010 3:22 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
How many homeowners know what circuits each receptacle is part of?

Speaking of that, why in the hell don't the codes call for some sort
of standard labeling scheme so that a person could read a number off
the front of the switch or outlet and trace it straight back to the
very breaker in the panel to which it's connected?

I've been tempted to short something out intentionally to see which
breaker pops. Seems like it would be a lot easier than tracing breakers
in a box a supposedly professional electrician didn't label.

Are there devices that plug into the power source and produce a specific
signal that's tracable back at the panel?

Puckdropper

-MIKE- mentioned something like that; I've never seen one, but it sounds cool. I
don't know how such a device would help you track which circuit a light switch
is on though.