Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default removing thompson's water seal.

On 9/6/2010 11:52 AM, Joe wrote:
On Sep 6, 10:33 am, wrote:
I have an old, weathered door that I'm working on, and on which I put a
coat of thompson's water seal at my client's request. Now I want to go
a different direction.

Has anyone successfully taken thompson's off before? I hear it's as
crappy a product as you can imagine.
--
Uno

Take it to one of those furniture stripping services. They ought to be
able to get that miserable Thompsons off. Failing that, inform the
client that his bad choice will mean a door replacement. Its a tough
one, good luck with making anything on the job.

Joe

I find it quite odd that a product that has been around so long and does
such a good job of waterproofing gets such bad reviews in this group.
Did someone get ****ed by thompsons at one time, or what???

--
Steve Barker