Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On 9/6/2010 3:43 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Steve wrote in
:

On 9/5/2010 3:22 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
How many homeowners know what circuits each receptacle is part of?

Speaking of that, why in the hell don't the codes call for some sort
of standard labeling scheme so that a person could read a number off
the front of the switch or outlet and trace it straight back to the
very breaker in the panel to which it's connected?

I've been tempted to short something out intentionally to see which
breaker pops. Seems like it would be a lot easier than tracing breakers
in a box a supposedly professional electrician didn't label.

Are there devices that plug into the power source and produce a specific
signal that's tracable back at the panel?

Puckdropper

-MIKE- mentioned something like that; I've never seen one, but it sounds cool.
I don't know how such a device would help you track which circuit a light
switch is on though.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/