Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Steve Turner wrote:

If you could tear yourself away from the endless and pointless thread
leading up to my minor diversion (which is what I tried to do by
snipping away all the other context), try picturing the situation where
the homeowner is able to TELL (quickly and easily) exactly which breaker
cuts the power to the outlet he wants to fiddle with (without manually
tripping every other friggin breaker in the box and hitting the outlet
with a meter just to find out what SHOULD have been documented at
installation) so that when he sticks the screwdriver in there he doesn't
get zapped? I can't tell you many times I've deferred the reworking of
an outlet because I didn't want to accidentally power down the internet
gateway or reset all the damn clocks in the house...

That's why I use a magic marker to write the circuit breaker number on
the wall under the switch/outlet cover plate.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA