Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew May Andrew May is offline

Default [OT] ISPs Tiscali/ talk talk, or whatever silly name they callthemselves.

Donwill wrote:
Can anyone recommend a decent ISP. I'm fed up to the back teeth with
Tiscali or Talk talk or whatever they call themselves first of all their
newsgroup service was virtually non existent so I went to a German uni
which I pay an extra £10 a year for but it's a good service. And now
recently my Emails are failing to come through,. no information if their
server has gone down. I can do without the hassle. Where do I go?
Don

I have had no problems with UKFSN (www.ukfsn.org) They are a small
reseller of Enta.net and support open-source software. Enta.net is a
aimed at more commercial users so is seldom that congested in the
evenings and gives true unlimited downloads between midnight and 8am if
you really feel the need to download the complete Linux source code.
Otherwise there are various packages with download limits but with an
easy method of PAYG beyond that. I am on 30Gb per month but am sure that
I could get away with 3Gb/month. UKFSN offers the usual email/webspace
and news access. And it comes with a fixed IP address which can be useful.

Andrew