Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On 9/4/2010 10:49 AM, Morgans wrote:
"J. wrote

New construction yes, older houses, not so much.

MOST older construction in the South has now been fitted with Central Air,
too. Still, a few do not have it.

The conversation was mainly about new construction wiring practices. If an
older home needed more capacity, and had 15 amp branches, they would not be
putting in new wires and new breakers to replace all of the old. They would
be adding more outlets, and most likely would not use heavy wires and
breakers, but just add some more 15 amp circuits.

So I'm doing it wrong when I use a piece of 12 gage aluminum as a pull
string for 12 gage copper?